Friday, June 4, 2010

Mmmmmmm....Baclofen! Yummy!

So things are progressing quite well. His highness is plumped up nicely, and as you know has been deemed healthy and strong enough for the surgery. Last night was an interesting one, though. I discovered that all this while, I have been telling people that Suzette knows our son's medical history including medications and dosages and mixtures and percentages like the back of her hand - which is true - but through some kind of mystical osmosis, I have also retained much of that information. And the one thing having that information close at hand has taught me, as illustrated last night, is that we know our son best, and WE are his best doctors. The surgeons are invaluable, and the researchers are priceless and necessary, but it is the attentive parent who is her child's shield and buckler, his child's champion. So Khyle is back on Baclofen, a medicine that Suzette and I have had issues with in the past. It makes him very lethargic, and in our experience with it, did not ease the tension in his body significantly, which is why it was prescribed. So when they put him on it this time, it was a bit of a challenge for me to accept it. However, this is Khyle's journey, not mine, and I am willing to be led. But I am watching...

Mummy and Maya are spending the day together today, so its a Khyle-Squared lovefest at the hospital. We'll come up for air occasionally, and I'll keep you informed...

1 comment:

Suzette said...

I miss my sweet boy--kisses to him. Lovely to spend whole day with Maya tho. Be blessed Khyle-squared!