Saturday, June 12, 2010

A (Somewhat) Quiet Day

Today we have done our best to be quiet & attempt some much needed rest. We were moved across the hall last night and are finally settled in our room. Khyle slept well last night and although I got up early to catch Khyle's doctors on their rounds, I went back to bed (uh, chair) and Quincy & I both snoozed until after 12 noon!

Khyle is doing well. He is more swollen today but he can still get his eyes open and he is on very little pain medicine. I held him most of the day & Daddy did too. There are still lots of bells alarming & nurses, respiratory therapists etc. coming in to check on him but we are just chillin' & letting Khyle know everything is going to be okay.

We'll probably find a cheesy movie to watch & then hit the hay super early. I miss Maya, I miss holding Khyle without all these tubes & interruptions and I miss my warm bed, but we will endure!

It is great loving this boy. Yes he is a brave and not-so-little warrior and he has conquered me wholly and completely.

No comments: