Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tummy Trouble

Okay, I was preparing a much more desperate post--Khyle's tummy was hugely swollen and we had to take a x-ray this morning & things did not sound good at all but some relief has come. I interrupted that post because GI came to examine him & miraculously his stomach was almost back to normal and very soft. Pheww!!

A doctor from the general surgery team was in earlier and explained that the x-ray revealed that his larger intestine is 'very enlarged' and it could 'rupture' and they would have an OR prepped for him 'just in case'. She said it very matter-of-factly but I began to get this feeling that maybe I was being 'punked' or I was in an episode of the Twilight zone. Certainly no one was suggesting 3 surgeries in 5 days!!!

Yeah but no less than 8 doctors have been in here to assess him since I started this post, the pediatric surgeon thinks he looks good and may resume food this evening. Until then he will be on IV drip.

Well please continue to pray over his digestive system for all to work well and for him to be eating again soon.

No comments: